VOGONS

First post, by supermagoalex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
I'm trying to downscale a pc game (Luigi Mansion Arcade, running by Teknoparrot emulator).
The game starts natively in 1920x1080 and I would like to play it on my arcade cabinet crt monitor in 640x480.
I made several attempts with Dgvoodoo, but the game always starts in 1080p and my monitor is out of resolution.
If it could be useful, in the game .exe directory there is a file called d3dcompiler_46.dll.
Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

My pc configuration is:
Win10 Pro
CPU i3 8100, 16 Gb RAM, NVidia Geforce GT 730 2Gb, SSD 500Gb

Reply 2 of 10, by supermagoalex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for reply, the game was released in 2015 and it's based on Sega NU arcade machine: https://segaretro.org/Nu
I think it is a DX11 game... does that mean I can't use dgvoodoo?
Another question, I downloaded the spec release, but I can't find the log file 🙁

Reply 3 of 10, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
supermagoalex wrote:

Thanks for reply, the game was released in 2015 and it's based on Sega NU arcade machine: https://segaretro.org/Nu
I think it is a DX11 game... does that mean I can't use dgvoodoo?
Another question, I downloaded the spec release, but I can't find the log file 🙁

Dgvoodoo 2 is a wrapper only for games using directx between 1 and 9 + games using glide api. For games using dx10,11 or 12, dgvoodoo 2 doesn't work

Reply 4 of 10, by supermagoalex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
willow wrote:

Dgvoodoo 2 is a wrapper only for games using directx between 1 and 9 + games using glide api. For games using dx10,11 or 12, dgvoodoo 2 doesn't work

Omg 🙁

Do you know if there is a DirectX11 wrapper?

Reply 6 of 10, by supermagoalex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
stranno wrote:

Have you tried changing the DefaultConfig.csv or oxGetHwInfo.ini? Both files have resolution parameters.

Hi stranno, yes it is the first thing I did, but the game starts always in 1080p 🙁

Reply 8 of 10, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sounds ridiculous. What if the monitor desktop resolution is less than 1080p, does the game not load?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 9 of 10, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
supermagoalex wrote:
willow wrote:

Omg 🙁

Do you know if there is a DirectX11 wrapper?

Maybe wine.