VOGONS

First post, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think basically no one cares about this game and I don't either, but it has problems with reflections/textures(?), might be worth investigating:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfWPdqywjFw
The "correct" reference here is WineD3D, which is only way to get this game running on Nvidia cards.

Reply 3 of 5, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Play this game with any virtual videocard other than the default internal and it renders fine.

The reason is that if all types of vertex elements are reported as supported (like with the internal card) then the game drives D3D9 improperly for some reason.

Reply 4 of 5, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dege wrote on 2020-02-14, 19:14:

Play this game with any virtual videocard other than the default internal and it renders fine.

The reason is that if all types of vertex elements are reported as supported (like with the internal card) then the game drives D3D9 improperly for some reason.

Oh, sorry, my mistake. I guess since it was a new-ish D3D9 game I didn't test it with the other cards since I assumed those didn't support new enough shader models.

Reply 5 of 5, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Actually setting it to any other GPU type made me realize what was meant by "missing textures", where are the palm trees in this picture:

mainSSE2 2020-02-15 13-44-59-45.jpg
Filename
mainSSE2 2020-02-15 13-44-59-45.jpg
File size
42.16 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

So still broken :/