VOGONS

First post, by MrPepka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I noticed a strange thing about FPS in this game. Namely, this game probably works with some form of vertical synchronization or something similar because the game always has a frame limit of either to 60 or up to 120. However, to reach the second frame limit you need to have the dgVoodoo 2 wrapper installed in the game folder. I tried to get around this limit somehow frames even with the Special K program, but this program does not work with this game. Anyone of you know how to get rid of the total limit of frames? I know that for this game it's almost a kill because with such a deadly number of frames as above 30 FPS it is impossible to pass this game due to incorrectly played custcenes, but I wanted to check what errors are waiting at even higher frame numbers (probably at 1000 FPS in general you won't be able to pass even the first level, but I'm not sure)
In general, the same frame limit works so that without dgVoodoo, the game in the menu reaches max 30 FPS (although in the game there is 60 FPS max), but with dgVoodoo there is already 60 FPS in the menu, and in the screen where you have to press ENTER (before the menu) the game even reaches 190 FPS! So you can probably achieve more FPS (as long as it doesn't require rummaging in the HEX values ​​of the exe file, even though I can do it)

Reply 1 of 1, by MrPepka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I did more research and it turned out that the game reaches 120 fps if RTSS (RivaTuner Statistics Server) starts in the background and the "Custom Direct3D Support" option is enabled and application detection level set to "high". Usually 60 fps is achieved without it. So you probably need a wrapper on which the game achieves more than 120 fps. On the other hand, for RTSS to achieve its effect in the game folder, dgvoodoo must be present