VOGONS

First post, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Dege,

This is very strange, not a rendering issue, but the targeting is not working only with Glide wrappers which makes the game unplayable now. I was completely puzzled because I am pretty sure I remembered they all worked (nGlide, OpenGlide, dgVoodoo 1.5 and dgVoodoo2) previously. This happens to QEMU, too, across Windows and Linux. (Or change in CPU hardware behaviors due to those high-profile recent years security fix for speculative prefetch ....)

The game did not change, the old Glide wrappers (dgVoodoo1, OpenGlide) did not change. The only things changed are emulators (DOSBox, QEMU) and Windows 10 or Linux. This could only be possible if the game changed, but this is exactly the factor that I am sure it will never.

Adding more fuel to the mystery, it works in kekko's voodoo1 chip emulation 😳

xa.png
Filename
xa.png
File size
416.84 KiB
Views
File comment
xa voodoo emulation
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Now as I see them, target-able objects/enemies have faint white circles around them, Glide wrappers did not show the white circles. I don't quite remember if Glide wrappers would show the same white circles when it worked previously as no one would notice this as long as targeting worked.