VOGONS

Regressive bugs - report them here

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 117, by eddman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks, I forgot that dgvoodoo falls back to another .conf file in the user AppData folder. Yea, that was it. I replaced it with the conf file from 2.82.2 and it now works.

Last edited by eddman on 2023-12-26, 15:54. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 101 of 117, by ngovandang

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I'm having issues with Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe on Steam where the cursor is double on screen and unable to move the fish when entering game, it automatic move to left of the screen where the 2nd cursor is, all setting is default except directx tab resolution is 1920x1080

Also a little issue with Morrowind which I used dgvoodoo to get 4:3 screen on 1080 resolution with setting scaling mode > stretched 4:3 and directx > max, just wanna feel nostalgia, not really important anyway but character background in equipment UI turn red like this, if there's a way to fix?

Morrowind 12_26_2023 10_14_25 PM.png
Filename
File size
1.85 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 102 of 117, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ngovandang wrote on 2023-12-26, 15:21:

Hello, I'm having issues with Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe on Steam where the cursor is double on screen and unable to move the fish when entering game, it automatic move to left of the screen where the 2nd cursor is, all setting is default except directx tab resolution is 1920x1080

Also a little issue with Morrowind which I used dgvoodoo to get 4:3 screen on 1080 resolution with setting scaling mode > stretched 4:3 and directx > max, just wanna feel nostalgia, not really important anyway but character background in equipment UI turn red like this, if there's a way to fix?

As for Morrowind, this is a bug that I wanted to fix earlier but forgot about it... anyway, thx, I've done it now and reuploaded 2.82.2 with the fix.

Frenzy2: I don't know this game, but you can suppress the double cursor symptom by hooking the cursor (SystemHookFlags).
You can also try option FreeMouse but if it don't help then I'm afraid this game is not compatible with forced resolution or scaling modes other than 'unspecified'.
For both options see: http://dege.fw.hu/dgVoodoo2/ReadmeGeneral/#ge … raladdonoptions

Reply 103 of 117, by ngovandang

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2023-12-26, 18:50:
As for Morrowind, this is a bug that I wanted to fix earlier but forgot about it... anyway, thx, I've done it now and reuploaded […]
Show full quote

As for Morrowind, this is a bug that I wanted to fix earlier but forgot about it... anyway, thx, I've done it now and reuploaded 2.82.2 with the fix.

Frenzy2: I don't know this game, but you can suppress the double cursor symptom by hooking the cursor (SystemHookFlags).
You can also try option FreeMouse but if it don't help then I'm afraid this game is not compatible with forced resolution or scaling modes other than 'unspecified'.
For both options see: http://dege.fw.hu/dgVoodoo2/ReadmeGeneral/#ge … raladdonoptions

Amazing, thank you for the quick fix on Morrowind, from those hidden options I discovered I can force fake borderless screen too and it's working awesome for the game now I can alt tab just fine.

as for Feeding Frenzy, yep none of the options seem to work, 2nd cursor gone but still can't control the fish when game start, clicking menu and stuffs still fine tho

Reply 104 of 117, by legluondunet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Dege, it seems that dgvoodoo2 immediatly crashes on Linux with Wine since release 2.82 and more.
The latest stable release on my tests is 2.81.3.
Could you confirm that issue from your side?
One more thing, just by curiosity, I saw dgvoodoo2 supports dx12 since 2.7 release.
So it is now possible to output game to dx12 instead of dx11? How to choose?

Thank you for your help.

my config:
Manjaro 23.1.1 Vulcan
Kernel: x86_64 Linux 6.6.8-2-MANJARO
Proc: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600M
Drivers: Mesa 23.1.9
Resolution: 1920x1080
32 Go RAM
DE: Xfce4

Reply 105 of 117, by cobalt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Dege, i have the same problem as legluondunet with dgvoodoo2 crashing on Linux with Wine. I'm using a Steam Deck with SteamOS.
The last working version for me is dgVoodooWIP93_1.

@legluondunet: DX12 is working fine when using vkd3d and forcing "d3d12_fl12_0" in dgVoodoo.conf as OutputAPI on my Steam Deck.

Reply 106 of 117, by THEBaratusII

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not entirely sure if it has something to do with a Windows Update or not but I am getting visual artifacts on Direct3D 12 playing Unreal Engine games (haven't tested it outside of Unreal Engine games yet)

A friend of mine who was running Windows 11 at the time also had this issue but it ran away after a new dgVoodoo update. I am currently running Windows 10 22H2 and a GTX 1050 Ti.

I've included a YouTube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0U2VyjDq7o

Additionally I've noticed about 5 to 10 second stutters on Direct3D 11 (while playing Unreal Tournament Beta 222) which my friend also encountered as well. Will record that (and even test it on v436) if needed.

kLEOJwg.png

And Unreal 1.01 also crashed when switching to Direct3D 11, I did switch to version 219 and while it didn't crash, my player would spin like crazy. (Switching to software renderer seemed normal however)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z36mf8hvb7M

It's weird because I didn't have this issue before and had contemplated on downgrading Windows 10 versions to see if it's an OS issue, I also tried downgrading Nvidia drivers a few times, and downgraded dgVoodoo versions to no avail. However nGlide somehow works with no problem.

My specs :
Windows 10 Professional 22H2 (Build 19045.3803)
CPU : Intel Core i7-4790
GPU : Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
Drivers : Nvidia 546.33
Resolution : 1920x1080
24GB DDR3 RAM
dgVoodoo2 v2.82.2

UPDATE : I installed a older version of Windows 10 22H2 on another drive and while it didn't get rid of the artifacting issues in DX12, the suttering issues ran away with DX11.

Z6rBOy0.gif
My Website
YouTube Channel

Reply 107 of 117, by mitradis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

"delta force black hawk down - team sabre"and "delta force black hawk down" have bug when AA force by wrapper (game render GRIDs cells):
https://i.postimg.cc/tT9p7XGX/image.png

Last edited by mitradis on 2024-02-05, 10:24. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 108 of 117, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
THEBaratusII wrote on 2024-01-10, 16:15:
I'm not entirely sure if it has something to do with a Windows Update or not but I am getting visual artifacts on Direct3D 12 pl […]
Show full quote

I'm not entirely sure if it has something to do with a Windows Update or not but I am getting visual artifacts on Direct3D 12 playing Unreal Engine games (haven't tested it outside of Unreal Engine games yet)

A friend of mine who was running Windows 11 at the time also had this issue but it ran away after a new dgVoodoo update. I am currently running Windows 10 22H2 and a GTX 1050 Ti.

I've included a YouTube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0U2VyjDq7o

Additionally I've noticed about 5 to 10 second stutters on Direct3D 11 (while playing Unreal Tournament Beta 222) which my friend also encountered as well. Will record that (and even test it on v436) if needed.

kLEOJwg.png

And Unreal 1.01 also crashed when switching to Direct3D 11, I did switch to version 219 and while it didn't crash, my player would spin like crazy. (Switching to software renderer seemed normal however)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z36mf8hvb7M

It's weird because I didn't have this issue before and had contemplated on downgrading Windows 10 versions to see if it's an OS issue, I also tried downgrading Nvidia drivers a few times, and downgraded dgVoodoo versions to no avail. However nGlide somehow works with no problem.

My specs :
Windows 10 Professional 22H2 (Build 19045.3803)
CPU : Intel Core i7-4790
GPU : Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
Drivers : Nvidia 546.33
Resolution : 1920x1080
24GB DDR3 RAM
dgVoodoo2 v2.82.2

UPDATE : I installed a older version of Windows 10 22H2 on another drive and while it didn't get rid of the artifacting issues in DX12, the suttering issues ran away with DX11.

I'm on Win10 22H2 up-to-date with a NV GF 1060 (and other gpu's).

Well, I'm aware of this glitch. I could reproduce it on all my gpu's (NV, AMD, Intel). I fixed it in Glide in v2.8, so I think your friend must have update to it or newer.
However, in fact the glitch was not fixed on (my) NV, because no any debugging tool, including gpu based validation showed any bug from dgVoodoo side so I did not bother with it any further.

The point is, today I had some time and did some experimenting with this again. It turned out that the NV driver cannot handle (or silently ignores) a certain type of resource state transition in DX12.
If I do nothing more than insert an extra state to the transition then it works fine. So, I found a workaround solution for the problem and it fixed all other games I know of with this problem.
I'll include it in the next version, till you can use DX11. Spinning is due to mouse stuck, it's a phenomenon with all Unreal engine games.
Either try 'free mouse' in dgV config or be sure that the forced resolution is not larger than twice the game resolution (altough I don't have such problems with this game).

Reply 110 of 117, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mitradis wrote on 2024-01-12, 18:13:

Game Chrome (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrome_(video_game)) have light blue trees bug. But this game need wrapper (old game).

Actually it's an old unresolved issue, but this time I managed to figure it out. The game engine rummages in an internal D3D8 structure and of course dgVoodoo is not binary-layout compatible with MS D3D8. It's staggering to see the intricate way it relates to the ingame fog, but finally I managed to workaround it and now both Chrome and Chrome Specforce seems to look as expected.

Reply 112 of 117, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mitradis wrote on 2024-01-12, 18:13:

Call of Duty 2 with patch 1.2-1.3 crash at start.

Can you confirm that it only crashes with D3D12? This game has a ridiculously small stack reserve (64KB) and that's not enough for the NV driver (but AMD was just happy with it for me).
Now I added a minimum for the stack reserve in dgVoodoo but (driver) threads out of dgVoodoo's control can still be affected, so the game still crashes with the 1.3 patch, at various points.
The only way is to increase the stack limit of the executable to, say, 1MB.

>editbin.exe /stack:1048576 CoD2SP_s.exe

(Editbin is a dev tool, see https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/build/r … e?view=msvc-170 if interested)

Reply 116 of 117, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Krolin wrote on 2024-02-11, 22:13:

Not really a bug. I noticed that Glide DLLs have mismatching "StringFileInfo\BLOCK" and "VarFileInfo\Translation".
Could you change those to "000004b0" and "0x0000 0x04B0" (same as D3D/DDraw DLLs)?

ok

Reply 117 of 117, by Krolin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2024-04-06, 17:38:
Krolin wrote on 2024-02-11, 22:13:

Not really a bug. I noticed that Glide DLLs have mismatching "StringFileInfo\BLOCK" and "VarFileInfo\Translation".
Could you change those to "000004b0" and "0x0000 0x04B0" (same as D3D/DDraw DLLs)?

ok

Thanks! I needed those to read DLL details:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win … valuea#examples

Glide3x DLLs still have incorrect "VarFileInfo\Translation" though (Napalm one is fine) :P