VOGONS

First post, by Nikorasu081

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello guys, this software really is an amazing tool! I've been using it so I can play DX9 games in glorious HDR using Window's 11 AutoHDR feature! I was hoping that "alpha to coverage" can be implemented. Is that a possibility please? As we know, translating between two generational API's is never without its issues. I'm having the same exact issue with Final Fantasy XIII, and XIII-2 as shown in this link. https://github.com/Joshua-Ashton/d9vk/issues/103
When not using dgvoodoo, hair textures look fine, but as soon as I use dgvoodoo v2.77to translate DX9 to DX11, or DX12, the hair textures render incorrectly. I tried creating a profile for MSAA and "Antialising - Transparency" in Nvidia Control Panel for this game, but as we all know that part of Nvidia Control Panel rarely works!
I'm using the RTX 2080 Ti as my GPU with driver 496.49. I'll be willing to pay the dev in Ethereum, as getting this issue resolved is really important.

Reply 1 of 5, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok, I implemented Alpha-to-Coverage and Supersampling API hacks. The latter needs at least feature level 10.1.
I cannot test is with FFXIII though because I don't have it, all I can rely on for the time being is my own test app.

I'll release a WIP later so you can test it yourself, and we'll see if there's anything more to do.

Reply 2 of 5, by Nikorasu081

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I sincerely thank you! You're awesome, this project is awesome!!! I can't wait to finally play through FFXIII series again in HDR! Thank you! Do you have a wallet address so I can send you some ETH as thanks?