VOGONS

First post, by zekkah

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings,

I registered so I could find out if there is a solution for this problem: Populous: The Beginning crashes with fast memory access turned on. The game works if I turn it off, but alot of the textures become white (I heard it's a problem with AMD GPUs).

I was wondering if it's possible to make the game work with fast memory access.

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 2, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
zekkah wrote on 2022-07-27, 16:29:
Greetings, […]
Show full quote

Greetings,

I registered so I could find out if there is a solution for this problem: Populous: The Beginning crashes with fast memory access turned on. The game works if I turn it off, but alot of the textures become white (I heard it's a problem with AMD GPUs).

Thanks in advance.

AMD GPUs have problem with the D3D11 renderer of dgVoodoo2 primarily instead of the one you mentioned. Consider changing the render device to D3D12 in dgvoodoo2cpl

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 2 of 2, by zekkah

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-07-27, 20:33:
zekkah wrote on 2022-07-27, 16:29:
Greetings, […]
Show full quote

Greetings,

Thanks in advance.

AMD GPUs have problem with the D3D11 renderer of dgVoodoo2 primarily instead of the one you mentioned. Consider changing the render device to D3D12 in dgvoodoo2cpl

Yes, that solved it! Tried various combinations but that was the issue.