VOGONS

First post, by SlackJoint

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I use Windows 10 64bit, dgvoodoo 2.79 and the green HUD text is completely missing when I use DirectX (on any resolution). The text is there with Glide,
but Glide crashes when I try to set the resolution to 1080p.
I attached 1 screenshot that shows the problem in DirectX (no text in the mission tab, no ammo counter and no health %).
I use a RX460 on that machine.

Any help appreciated.

EDIT:
The bug disappears when I use v2.55 from 2018 (I uploaded a screenshot).
So somewhere along the line a bug got introduced?

There is another annoying bug, VSync is permanently activated no matter what I do, I'd rather have tearing than VSync-micro-stutters. This might be a driver issue, I know AMD has been silly about this in the past, I deactivated it in dgvoodoo and in the driver options, but no luck...

Attachments

• v255-fixed.png
    Filename
    v255-fixed.png
    File size
    844.12 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • recoil_no_text2.png
    Filename
    recoil_no_text2.png
    File size
    829.96 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 3 of 4, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks!

2.74 is the last version working. After that I introduced performance optimization for DDraw surface GetDC/ReleaseDC but this game accesses the text surfaces by the CPU in a very unexpected, invalid way which is not completely detected by the optimization.
Anyway, I fixed it now. It'll be included in the next WIP/version.

Reply 4 of 4, by SlackJoint

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just started the game up again and wanted to use the unmodified 3dfx exe, but the game always crashes when a level is being loaded.
Is anyone experiencing the same thing? The 3dfx file works with nGlide but I want to use dgvoodoo and finish my widescreen patch for 3dfx, too.
I uninstalled nGlide to prevent any kind of conflict, but no luck 🙁
There is no error message, it just crashes to the desktop.