VOGONS

First post, by Torturephile

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

An issue introduced with dgVoodoo since version 2.78 is that in Flight Simulator 2002, 2000, and CFS2, whenever the 2D cockpit and popups like a compass are brought up and closed, the game's window size is approximately cut in half vertically, and doing so repeatedly makes the window extremely small to the point of leaving the game unplayable as I would have to size it back up to normal.

Spoiler

How it starts and should remain:

FS2002.png
Filename
FS2002.png
File size
1.23 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

I just turned on the compass popup panel on the top right, and the game window turned small:

FS2002 (2).png
Filename
FS2002 (2).png
File size
887.26 KiB
Views
File license

When it gets very small:

FS2002 (3).png
Filename
FS2002 (3).png
File size
657.35 KiB
Views
File license

While the same issue isn't present in Flight Simulator 2004, haze (when weather visibility is reduced or it rains) is not rendered at all at times and thus scenery that should be obscured is perfectly visible until a cut off. It occurs whenever the 2D cockpit is reloaded, and it goes away temporarily when changing display settings. I do not know from which dgVoodoo version the issue first became present.

Spoiler

Haze is not present:

FS2004 (2).png
Filename
FS2004 (2).png
File size
1.04 MiB
Views
File license

Haze is present:

FS2004 (3).png
Filename
FS2004 (3).png
File size
891.09 KiB
Views
File license

I'm using a RX 6700 XT if that info helps.

Reply 2 of 4, by Torturephile

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you very much.

As far as replicating the fog disappearing issue for Flight Simulator 2004, just switch planes (menu bar -> Aircraft -> Select Aircraft...) while playing. To bring the fog back, tinker with any of the hardware display settings (menu bar -> Options -> Settings -> Display... - > Hardware -> Hardware rendering options). If you like, I could make a video showcasing the problem.