VOGONS

First post, by SnakePlissken

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi I'm using dgvoodoo2 on older games to convert them to dx11 for the auto hdr feature to work and also to boost resolutions to 2160p for games that only support 1080p. It works well but when I go fulscreen I get lines around the edge of my screen. Does anyone know how I can sort this? I'm using a 3080ti gpu, tried the different scaling options in dgvoodoo2 and also tried changing scaling options in nvidia control panel but nothing seems to work. I've included screenshot of the problem and my dgvoodoo2 settings. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 10, by SnakePlissken

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There should have been a screenshot of general dgvoodoo2 settings but didn't post for some reason they're detailed below.

Output api - best one available
Scaling mode - unspecified
Progressive scaling order - enabled
Enumerate refresh rates - disabled
Keep windows aspect ratio - enabled

Reply 3 of 10, by SnakePlissken

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it didn't work. It created a black border around the game but the lines still appear right on the edge of the screen. It's strange it's like the line appears due to a bright colour if I move the white mouse pointer across the edge of the screen without any of the lines it create a line and just stays there.

Reply 4 of 10, by SnakePlissken

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I changed it down from 1 to 0 now the line appears on the top of the screen only which is an improvement but still there. Tried changing it below starting from -1 but I just get black screen. Any value larger just creates a black border but doesn't remove line around edge of tv.

Reply 5 of 10, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What if enabling Alt-Enter and switching forth and back manually when the game is already running? I remember getting 1 pixel wide window-border frame with RE games and AFAIR it helped (altough I ran those games at native resolution).

Reply 7 of 10, by v00d00m4n

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dege are those lines added by internals of dgv? IF SO MAYBE YOU CAN BLACK COLOR FOR THEM TO MAKE THEM LESS NOTICABLE?

If thats texture coordinates issue then i guess something is not precise enough in scaling recalculation and you probably do some rounding instead of going full precise float.

Reply 8 of 10, by SnakePlissken

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think it's when a bright scene fills the screen. When the game starts off with a black screen the lines aren't there then when the screen goes bright and back to dark again the lines appear. I done a test and stayed on the black screen, no issues then I moved the white mouse pointer along the edges of screen and the lines appeared. No idea what's causing it.

Reply 9 of 10, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok, I'll look into it later, my possibilities are very limited now for such large games.
Weird, because if the edge lines are coming from the scaled rendering (seems to) then why the deframer doesn't overwrite them... and if they are physical window borders (which I got with RE Revelations 1/2) then why can't they be made gone with manipulating the game window.

Reply 10 of 10, by SnakePlissken

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I managed to sort it by lowering the resolution. I'm using a 4k tv and was downsampling the games from 7680x4320 for better ailasing and image quality. I lowered the resolution to 6651x4741 and the lines are now gone. Might have something to do with my tv as it's actual resolution is 4096x2160 not 3840x2160. I think it's meant for films so had to use a programme called cru to delete that resolution to make my pc think 3840x2160 is the native resolution. Working well now though but I noticed in re remake since the games max resolution is 1080p changing it causes blurry artifacts over lighting and causes bloom artifacts. The higher the resolution the worse the bloom artifacts are. Is this just due to the game not supporting resolutions higher than 1920x1080 or is there a setting I can change in dgvoodoo2 to eliminate this?