VOGONS

First post, by YS86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I wanted to play this game again and got it running with dgVoodoo. I was quite happy, saved the game and tried playing it the next day, until I realised I could not any longer, since saved games would not load properly. I created two screenshots to show you what I mean:

This is what it looks like, when I start a new game:
Shadow-Company-18-09-2022-00-44-42.png
GREAT!!!

Now this is what happens, when I load a saved game:
Shadow-Company-18-09-2022-00-45-35.png

What am I doing wrong?!

Reply 2 of 7, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
YS86 wrote on 2022-09-19, 16:12:

Hmm, anyone? 😫

Dege is on vacation currently. You are on wait. Unfortunately I don't have the game to test it myself.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 4 of 7, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This doesn't happen in 640x480 BTW.

The game works fine with DDrawCompat though and apparently DDrawCompat even supports forcing antialiasing, resolution and texture filtering now. Seems to occasionally crash during game/menu transitions though 🙁

Reply 5 of 7, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote on 2022-10-01, 13:05:

This doesn't happen in 640x480 BTW.

The game works fine with DDrawCompat though and apparently DDrawCompat even supports forcing antialiasing, resolution and texture filtering now. Seems to occasionally crash during game/menu transitions though 🙁

Looks more like thread synchronisation issue. did you try single core affinity or limiting the no of frames?

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 6 of 7, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have no idea why you're replying to me with that, but this is a bug with dgVoodoo. As I mentioned, it works in DDrawCompat (also works with Peixoto's patches, with resolution forcing and without crashes even, though you do get a border around the screen).