VOGONS

First post, by ProfessorStudio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have tried to look around as best as I can, maybe I am not wording it right, but I have messed with the settings a crap ton, trial and erroring, troubleshooting ect. I am not sure what would make the game do this. Here is the clip I took to maybe help explain. https://youtu.be/h6TC17D00ME
I have the latest update of Outlast from Steam. Non-pirated. Also does it in DirectX11

My dgVoodoo2 settings as they are right now:
Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

My computer specs are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
RAM: 32GB of DDR4 4000MHz
Storage: 2 HDD and 2 SDD
The OS and game files are on my NVMe drive : Samsung SSD 980 Pro 1tb
GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB VRAM
GPU Driver Version: 526.47

Reply 2 of 6, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ProfessorStudio wrote on 2022-11-02, 02:52:
If you didn't wanna open the link, it's a 30 second video of me walking around […]
Show full quote

If you didn't wanna open the link, it's a 30 second video of me walking around

outlast.png

Dege is in a break...

Have you tried an older version of dgVoodoo2 to ensure it isn't an regression?

(I don't remember if the game has both 64 and 32 bit EXEs, but the former, if present and used, will need the x64 D3D9.Dll)

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 3 of 6, by ProfessorStudio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dege is in a break? I'm not sure what you mean by that, and I have not used an older version. Which one would you recommend to start with? Since it's DX9, I am not sure how far back to even go. Then troubleshoot all of the options I did with the latest version 😰😰

Reply 4 of 6, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Copy a stock dgvoodoo.conf to the game directory (same place you put d3d9.dll). Don't change settings until you understand them, or at least only change one setting at a time and test as you do. Several of the settings pictured are thing that potentially break games.

Dege is the developer of dgVoodoo. He is on a break.

Reply 5 of 6, by ProfessorStudio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ProfessorStudio wrote on 2022-11-02, 02:52:
If you didn't wanna open the link, it's a 30 second video of me walking around […]
Show full quote

If you didn't wanna open the link, it's a 30 second video of me walking around

outlast.png

Deleted the config, tried to recreate it, even uninstalled the game, cant seem to recreate it smh

now, no matter what setting, when dgVooDoo is enabled, i can hit play on steam, it loads to the main menu and then gives me all the options like options continue new game ect, but wont let me click any of it. Like the game wont register the clicks. When its not enabled, of course everything is back to as it should be, stock. But I don't get how I can't seem to recreate it, even with the settings above.

Reply 6 of 6, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I was wondering why you didn't run into that problem.

Edit %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Outlast\OLGame\Config\OLSystemSettings.ini and set Fullscreen to True

Seems dgVoodoo breaks mouse support in windowed mode.