VOGONS

First post, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is intended to be a sort of dev topic if anybody is interested.

I've just released WIP89.2 in which the graphics API dll's are capable of loading an external dll for hooking purposes. The graphics API dll's searches for 'sampleaddon.dll' and load it if it's found.
The only hookable functionality at the moment is the image presentation, and only through D3D12.
I updated the dgVoodoo API package with a sample addon hooking the image output, recoloring the image to a sepia color and applying an old dirty glass texture to it all (not the "feautre" is the point but the addon itself as a sample):

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooAPI_WIP89_2.zip

I know that there is ReShade and alikes for this functionality and I obviously do not intend this to replace them.

But, for example, if you are an enterprising dev person then you can write your super antialiasing shader for dgVoodoo (that can work on the original, unscaled image) which is often missed.
I do not expect a significant interest for this, to put it mildly, but the possibility now is at least given.

If you are interested anyway then look at the documentation included in the zip and compile the sample for yourself (VS2022 is needed I think). It's the very first version and I want to add some things into it and improve it but it's a good start.

Reply 2 of 3, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No, the addon cannot intervene without the help of dgVoodoo.
The whole callback infrastructure that's here now with D3D12 could be done with D3D11 as well, but that'd require some refactoring throughout all the code. That's why it all is currently only for D3D12, I didn't want to put the effort into D3D11 in vain, unlike the D3D12 backend, which was designed to be capable for it in the first place. I might do it for D3D11 too if there is interest.

For now I'm going to fix the docs, I found a lot of broken links and textual bugs, and also add some missing things I planned anyway.

Reply 3 of 3, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I improved the addon interfaces and the documentation with WIP89.3 and I intend it to be the finalized version.
I've updated the dgVoodoo API package again, if somebody is interested (it can only be used with dgVoodoo WIP89.3):

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooAPI_WIP89_3.zip