VOGONS

First post, by alberthamik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This game is kind of annoying in that casually, on its own, it works alright on modern systems, but then it is a bit of a crapshoot if it will run properly when you go to capture it in OBS.

So recently I was trying to do that again and I figured dgVoodoo 2's DX8 wrapper would come to the rescue, and it turns out that (at least in Windows 10 21H2) input is broken if you try wrapping this game with the DX8 wrapper (can't click on menu stuff or press key inputs). This issue happens even with the first release build of dgV2 to feature DX8 support, and the most recent WIP build just crashes. Why would the DX8 wrapper be blocking all mouse and key input for this game?

PS: I don't know how the demo version and the full version would compare, just that it is a different compiled exe perhaps. Making note of that if perhaps the demo version does behave with dgV2, though I've yet to try that out.

Reply 2 of 3, by alberthamik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You are a lifesaver. Bit of advice to help hex noobs like me though, you should clarify that the bold hex values need to be edited as a pair. Perhaps underline them or specify that those bolded numbers represent 640x480 even? But thank you again. Oh and as for how well it works, I notice so far the only real bug is that world objects seem to flicker during screen fade ins and fade outs? But that's a tolerable (though probably worth documenting regardless) bug compared to the ones I was experiencing with other dx8 wrappers trying desperately to get this game to behave. It's such a basic looking game iunno why it was such a pain to get it working correctly.