VOGONS

First post, by user981

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm using latest Steel Beasts Gold 1.226 with dgVoodoo 2.79.3 on Windows 10 (default directx settings minus watermark), Geforce GTX750Ti. Resolution: Unforced (640x480)

Problem: there is thermal view in game that have to look like that (screenshot from virtualbox):
9m0W6wf.png
but instead it looks like this (wrong colors and targets not marked with proper color of "heat" - in our case - white:
DFi1ZOF.png

To test it: start the game: open Tutorials - 04 Leo Gannery D, turn left to the target, to enable Thermal view: press numpad+, Zooming: N, there is addition switch for thermal color palette - Numpad -

The same bug can be seen on youtube video from another user: https://youtu.be/8ehiYX1XL5E?t=1902

P.S. Big thanks for the program!

Reply 4 of 5, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
user981 wrote on 2023-02-21, 21:29:
I'm using latest Steel Beasts Gold 1.226 with dgVoodoo 2.79.3 on Windows 10 (default directx settings minus watermark), Geforce […]
Show full quote

I'm using latest Steel Beasts Gold 1.226 with dgVoodoo 2.79.3 on Windows 10 (default directx settings minus watermark), Geforce GTX750Ti. Resolution: Unforced (640x480)

Problem: there is thermal view in game that have to look like that (screenshot from virtualbox):
9m0W6wf.png
but instead it looks like this (wrong colors and targets not marked with proper color of "heat" - in our case - white:
DFi1ZOF.png

To test it: start the game: open Tutorials - 04 Leo Gannery D, turn left to the target, to enable Thermal view: press numpad+, Zooming: N, there is addition switch for thermal color palette - Numpad -

The same bug can be seen on youtube video from another user: https://youtu.be/8ehiYX1XL5E?t=1902

Thanks for the report, I think I fixed it. See WIP 89.5:
Re: dgVodooo 2.7.x and related WIP versions (2)

Reply 5 of 5, by user981

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2023-03-09, 21:36:
user981 wrote on 2023-02-21, 21:29:
I'm using latest Steel Beasts Gold 1.226 with dgVoodoo 2.79.3 on Windows 10 (default directx settings minus watermark), Geforce […]
Show full quote

9m0W6wf.png
DFi1ZOF.png

Thanks for the report, I think I fixed it. See WIP 89.5:
Re: dgVodooo 2.7.x and related WIP versions (2)

I did some brief testing and it appears the bug was fixed in Steel Beasts, thank you. I will let you know in case of any side effects.