VOGONS

First post, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This game has a big magnitude of problems. Here I am to talk about the graphical ones. The issues were discussed in DxWnd but not everything has been fixed yet:

• Missing video: The game intro isn't visible at all, for the Software, Glide and D3D versions. DxWnd restores the video in Software and Glide through nGlide (how?) in "DxWnd-window", but not in proper fullscreen. WineD3D restores in D3D mode.
  • [FIXED]Missing cursor: The cursor is always missing. I tested on Windows 98 and the cursor is a sword. The cursor looks like IMG20230409002901.jpgthis[/img].
  • Flickering menu: This is a Windows + dgVoodoo2 issue. The menu flickers. DxWnd has the same issue when the "complete flip emulation" implementations are used with it.
  • Crash on start game: With dgVoodoo2, the menu flickers and game crashes when Start Game is pressed.

The game is available at "xyz sites". I used the update patch and then used the "no-CD" from a RIP (because all RIPs used that patched version game).

Good luck.

Note: brave.exe is Glide, bhsoft.exe is Software, bhd3d.exe is Direct3D.

Last edited by BEEN_Nath_58 on 2023-04-09, 19:38. Edited 1 time in total.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 1 of 1, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Self-repairing Windows 98..., the problematic cursor is actually a bad resource that Win98 corrects itself. You may shift focus to other ones.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058