VOGONS

First post, by Red_BY

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been trying to get YS Seven working with dgVoodoo2 but on launch I'm seeing blank black screen, I still get sound and it's possible to navigate the menus and actually play the game but the graphics are completely broken. I managed to start a new game and I could even see some objects being rendered from opening scene but it's mostly just black void. There's also a blank white rectangle at left top of the screen that appears shortly on start, game plays FMV intro at the start so maybe it's related. Downgrading to v2.79.3 fixed the issue. So don't know what's the issue exactly but something in 2.8 broke things. I also finished all previous YS titles on 2.7 without issues but can't test those on 2.8 right now and not sure if they share the same engine. Ys SEVEN, originally a PSP game, is a 32-Bit DirectX 9.0c title so probably not really the intended use of dgVoodoo but still I use it to get things like Auto HDR working. Not sure if other DX9 are affected but still wanted to inform you guys.