VOGONS

Reply 20 of 28, by RimidalTAKP

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Dege. I believe since this potentially affects all AMD chipset cards, it could be any one of the devices in this list: https://www.phantomlover1717.nl/home/graphics-cards/
there's 854 different chipset IDs in that list

as such, does it make more sense just to always advise any AMD chipset users to the http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodoo2_81_exp4.zip version which always runs on the fixed path for all chipsets?

Reply 21 of 28, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RimidalTAKP wrote on 2023-08-08, 05:01:

Thanks Dege. I believe since this potentially affects all AMD chipset cards, it could be any one of the devices in this list: https://www.phantomlover1717.nl/home/graphics-cards/
there's 854 different chipset IDs in that list

I got reports that this bug is/got fixed with newer AMD drivers. But not for all chipsets. So, I consider it to have only a few problematic architecture left.

RimidalTAKP wrote on 2023-08-08, 05:01:

as such, does it make more sense just to always advise any AMD chipset users to the http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodoo2_81_exp4.zip version which always runs on the fixed path for all chipsets?

Maybe, for this particular game. But I'd only suggest this if the current release does not work for someone. In fact, this version is just an experimental dev-version, I was about to get rid of it.

Reply 22 of 28, by RimidalTAKP

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh nice that's great, I didn't realise AMD finally fixed some things with driver updates. I thought it was long given up on 😁

I'll make sure to take a copy of this dev version since it might work great for EverQuest. Would this be OK to host on my Google Drive for this specific community since you'll take it down from your hosting?

Reply 23 of 28, by Darkstorm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Since the solid texture bug, does not affect one single game, I will add that "Sacrifice" we are discussing in another thread also suffer from that bug on AMD since version 2.55, 2.7+ version with DX12 was potential "fix", but DX11 was still broken on it. Newest 2.81.1 is broken for mine RX570 even after the "Suppress AMD blacklist" checkbox enabled.

1.png
Filename
1.png
File size
71.5 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

However this exp version does work, without any config file in game folder. I decided to screenshot MSI Afterburner overlay that display DX11, AMD overlay and dgvoodoo logo

4.png
Filename
4.png
File size
276.69 KiB
Views
File license

I think RX570 is same as RX470.

Reply 25 of 28, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Darkstorm wrote on 2023-08-08, 21:47:

Newest 2.81.1 is broken for mine RX570 even after the "Suppress AMD blacklist" checkbox enabled.1.png

That option has the opposite meaning. If you enable it then the "fixed" path never runs.
The problem with the "fix" is that it could work for all AMD gpu's, as it did with 2.54-, but it also provides poorer performance.
So that's why I don't want to enable it for drivers that hasn't got this problem and can run on the fast path.

Btw, could you tell me the DeviceID of your GPU? I'll put it on the blacklist.

Reply 26 of 28, by Darkstorm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2023-08-09, 07:28:
That option has the opposite meaning. If you enable it then the "fixed" path never runs. The problem with the "fix" is that it c […]
Show full quote
Darkstorm wrote on 2023-08-08, 21:47:

Newest 2.81.1 is broken for mine RX570 even after the "Suppress AMD blacklist" checkbox enabled.1.png

That option has the opposite meaning. If you enable it then the "fixed" path never runs.
The problem with the "fix" is that it could work for all AMD gpu's, as it did with 2.54-, but it also provides poorer performance.
So that's why I don't want to enable it for drivers that hasn't got this problem and can run on the fast path.

Btw, could you tell me the DeviceID of your GPU? I'll put it on the blacklist.

Oh I see, I tried without selecting that option on 2.81.1 and the bug is still there. I could test it for EverQuest specifically, but I would need to find a download first(however I assume it's the very same bug).
It's 0x67DF just like the above RX480.

5.png
Filename
5.png
File size
24.09 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 27 of 28, by Honour_Freedom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Dege, here's another affected chipset (0x1638). I tried the latest dgVoodoo2 v2.82.1 and the latest AMD driver, and the solid-color-texture bug is still there. Could you please put it on the blacklist? Thank you very much.

Attachments

• DxDiag.png
    Filename
    DxDiag.png
    File size
    65.32 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • BUG.png
    Filename
    BUG.png