VOGONS

First post, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi folks,

Bit of a n00b to wrappers really, just getting a Pavillion G6 with A6-3400 and onboard HD6520G set up for retro stuff. I put HD6450 in the title there because although the 6520 has more shaders it's clocked slower so performs about on a par with a hot 6450 and is same architecture generation and matches features otherwise, and I figured more people might have experience tuning things for those vs the HD6520G.

So, gonna be relying on the panel for output it's the square pixel stretched XGA, WXGA res 1366x768 natively, am I gonna get any sort of speed at that res or pillarboxed 1024x768 (Which I'm happy with if it doesn't stretch) ?

Don't know what I'll be playing at the moment, Got NFS:PU but that's supposed to be a bit of a wash for Glide vs D3D, at least it's a tester... then a copy of Carmageddon is around... so I guess I'm just wanting the general middle of the road hints so it's there and I can throw stuff at it as the whim or opportunity takes me as it were.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 1 of 1, by Darkstorm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As for the NFS:PU, I used dgvoodoo just for the elimination of annoying crashes that happen especially in Normandia(I read somewhere it's related to mirrors, but not sure). As for the performance, I didn't care that much as I didn't see difference. With dgvoodoo you can stretch the resolution to whatever you desire(and see how that works). If you don't want stretched then you have to keep the aspect ratio at least. I never had such GPU but because it's Radeon with DX11 only, you might need to use 2.54 version, because it's last DX11 version that works for AMD, anything after got visual bug, and Dege said on this forum or in some patch notes that he doesn't know what broke and where and because DX12 is available he won't fix the issue. However I think not that long ago he investigated the issue on the forum, but I don't know if it was fixed.