VOGONS

First post, by SamuelSatan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just installed the version from The Collection Chamber and everything's fine except one thing: the top and bottom of the screen are cut off in the default configuration.

The game originally ran in 4:3 and I want to play it that way because with so much screen space cropped I can't even target some objects when the camera's fixed. Pictured in the attachment: on the left is a screenshot I just made and on the right is a screenshot from someone's Youtube playthrough. The other attachment is the game's dgVoodoo.conf

Can somebody help me out? I tried all kinds of options in the dgVoodoo panel, but I can't prevent the cropping.

Attachments

• Filename
    dgVoodoo.conf
    File size
    18.85 KiB
    Downloads
    32 downloads
    File license
    Public domain
  • Sanity-Problem.jpg
    Filename
    Sanity-Problem.jpg
    File size
    271.62 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 7, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You force the resolution to 1920x1080 (which is 16:9) through dgVoodoo for a 4:3 game? Why not just 'max' or 'max_isf' and let dgVoodoo calculate you the maximum reasonable resolution?
Also, I think the image is not cropped, probably you can zoom in/out somehow.

Reply 2 of 7, by SamuelSatan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2023-11-20, 18:24:

You force the resolution to 1920x1080 (which is 16:9) through dgVoodoo for a 4:3 game? Why not just 'max' or 'max_isf' and let dgVoodoo calculate you the maximum reasonable resolution?
Also, I think the image is not cropped, probably you can zoom in/out somehow.

I just tried Max, Max ISF and custom resolutions such as 1440x1080 (4:3 with maximum vertical resolution). No dice.

I can zoom in and out (there's keybinds for those actions) EXCEPT that specific room (has a fixed camera angle), so it's not that either.

Reply 4 of 7, by SamuelSatan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZellSF wrote on 2023-11-20, 21:00:

Have you actually set the game to a 4:3 resolution from the launcher?

I just set the resolution in the game launcher to 1024x768 and it works. Thanks.

I miss obvious solutions way too often!

Reply 7 of 7, by dccs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZellSF wrote on 2023-11-29, 10:33:
dccs wrote on 2023-11-26, 13:07:

This can be addressed with a simple FOV fix though, and you can play it in widescreen using such fix.

If there is a FOV fix, link to it. If not, don't just make shit up.

I actually just released one recently, it's here: https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file … tifact-fov-fix/. I'm not sure if it works with all versions, but it should.