VOGONS

First post, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a problem with this game and dgvoodoo 2 last version on windows 11
The game works but quicktime video are not visible.

the sound works but no image of quicktime video.

If I turn on gdi in system hooks, display become black during video and works after the end of video.

Reply 2 of 7, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote on 2024-04-06, 16:58:

Indeed, thanks!

I fixed it. But plz keep in mind that QuickTime only tolerates an environment with unspecified scaling mode + unforced resolution.

Thanks.
I have forgotten but I had find any workaround using this patch who do

Thank you for addressing the issue. I forgot to mention it here, but in the meantime, I found a workaround by using this patch ( https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file … ed-quicktime-4/ ) that decouples QuickTime and ddraw. It works well even when replacing the ddraw.dll of this patch with that of dgvoodoo 2. It's even better if it works natively now.

Reply 4 of 7, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

6.5.1, according to the QT player "about" menu. (2004)

Btw, no need for GDI hooking, as QT uses DDraw to render the video. At least the version I have. The bug wasn't tightly QT-related anyway. I also didn't experience lagginess or sg.

Reply 5 of 7, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote on 2024-04-10, 16:53:

6.5.1, according to the QT player "about" menu. (2004)

Btw, no need for GDI hooking, as QT uses DDraw to render the video. At least the version I have. The bug wasn't tightly QT-related anyway. I also didn't experience lagginess or sg.

Without gdi hooking, video is not displayed on my PC.

Reply 7 of 7, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote on 2024-04-10, 21:28:

Then you must have a different version of QT, or I don't know.

I already had QT installed, and did nothing but install the game, didn't apply any patch but fixed the DDraw bug and everything just worked.

OK..
I have french version. I expect that the differences don't come from this version.