VOGONS

First post, by CaelThunderwing

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

sofar the only game its occured in, is Museum Madness (MECC Game). What was going on in its intro the moment it initially draws a Mouse driver, the system Completely Hard locks. (no CTRL ALT DEL response no response to Reset, had to power cycle), as im preparing a Celeron system for a close friend of mine. (( based on the Intel 440BX chipset, [ ASUS MEB-VM ]))

the devices in the system since this board im using only accepts 3.3v AGP2x Cards, a STB Riva TNT1, an Aztech Washington 16 ISA Soundcard, and a run of the mill PCI Etherlink PCI Network card. uses a MicroSD2IDE adapter and DVD Drive) i've run Museum Madness on newer systems than this and Never saw the issue. its something w/ 9x cause w/ a boot floppy to load himem.sys, ctmouse and the SB16 init lines for the soundcard, the game has No issue. havent tried Dos Mode itself under 9x rather than booting from a floppy, but under 9x itself? yea 4 tries regardless what i put in settings w/ a PIF, and 4 annoying hard-crashes.

i dont want to really rely on a boot floppy like this unless i haveto just so if something ever happens my friend doesnt need to source a USB Floppy drive n some extra floppies. Does anyone got a clue to why this is happening?

Reply 1 of 1, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Seems to be one of these DOS games that doesn't work within Windows. Try creating a PIF shortcut of the game that starts in MS-DOS mode with custom CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT settings.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS