VOGONS

First post, by CaelThunderwing

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so some More lingering ghost from a build i mentioned in a previous topic, which i slightly suspect might be related.. testing Willy Beamish (CD Version) and i ran into the "Unable to initalize hds! mode 4 port 544" error.
(and i get the feeling this is going to crop up w/ the Leisure Suit Larry "Greatest hits & Misses" n just about any Sierra game..). Previously w/ a very much unsupported hardware configuration build i had for 98 i Just got around the issue not knoiwng thr root cause use the last build of Dosbox that supported 9x, and ran the games inside (and just used KernelEX to run the gog version of willy beamish.)

this PC im sending out to said close friend, is verry much too old to effectively run Dosbox in 9x (Celeron 366) so running the games natively is the best idea. How do i go about using GOSiERRA ? do i just prepatch things then add to a modified CD Image? do i just flat out drop the patcher into the CD Image and run it at game runtime everytime ? (i ask mainly for Willy beamish as that runs mainly from the CDRom and only saves to HDD the resource config.)