VOGONS

Reply 20 of 29, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is incredible. I can't believe I didn't find this before.

The VOIP thing sounds VERY interesting. I wonder what the minimum system requirements would be for it?

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 22 of 29, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Apparently it runs MSN 1 up to 8, and cannot run 2009/2011/2012 versions as of now.

System requirements, I have no idea. I think it depends of the MSN version you are using?

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 24 of 29, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keenmaster486 wrote:

Well, I was thinking the system requirements of VOIP.

Maybe @neozeed from the “Virtually Fun” blog can answer that for you? He has a post featured about this apparently.

JOBS, Steve.

Reply 25 of 29, by .legaCy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

the voip part don't work properly on my experience, i just had success with online messaging.
Even though messenger 7.5 run on Windows 98, they don't work on Escargot because of the cipher used,on Windows XP with POS 2009 updates (specially one that update SSL) and some tricks it will work up to 8.5
The 2009 support will be released soon.
Regarding to the requirements, Well for unsecured versions anything that run Windows 98 decently fast(i guess a pentium 3 maybe) should be able to handle.

Reply 26 of 29, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

While I was listening to my playlist at work (don't worry, I am working as well) and I was waiting for some long code to compile and I was also thinking... One of the most used MSN features I loved and I miss a lot currently is the ability to show on my MSN status what (music) I am listening to... I really loved that.

Now with ppl using Facebook, WhatsApp (I rarely go on Twitter, didn't even tweeted yet) there is no way to do the same. It's 2019 and this feature doesn't even exist anymore?!?

JOBS, Steve.

Reply 29 of 29, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Anyone is using it in 2023? I am interested in getting it to work on my Windows 98/Me/XP virtual machines...

JOBS, Steve.