VOGONS

First post, by ConjurerDragon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The 1994 game Ascendancy was a favourite of mine and in 2010 was re-released on iOS with some additional features that the original game lacked.

Is there any way to get the iOS version to run on a Windows PC?

If that question is in the wrong forum, please move it to the right place as I was unsure which subforum of Vogons would have been suitable for that question.

Reply 1 of 2, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Safe to say you're better off getting the 1994 version to work in dosbox 😀

Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe

Reply 2 of 2, by ConjurerDragon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
psychz wrote:

Safe to say you're better off getting the 1994 version to work in dosbox 😀

That never had been a problem. I still have the original game and occasionally play a game and it works perfectly in DOSBOX.

However there always had been some issues with the original game that were a pain.
e.g. when playing a huge galaxy with the maximum number of alien races and midgame controlling more than 20 planets - and being asked every gameday what to build on those planet (just terraform all those black squares and don’t ask after every single one!). Or having a planet as a shipyard cranking out the largest ships - only to have to steer them manually over several dozen jumppoints to the system where they were needed...

The new version had some new features, including a building queue. And a longrange ship-ordering option.
https://www.spacesector.com/blog/2012/04/inte … ncy-and-beyond/