VOGONS

First post, by ArcadEd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, one of my favorite games of all time is FPS Baseball 94. When I first started building my retro win98/dos machine this was the game I was thinking about the most and for some reason it's the one I can't get working just right.

In the game the Pitcher/Batter interface is all in 2d. But as the ball is hit, it switches to a 3d mode. The issue is, there is a full 1 to 2 second delay . The ball is hit, screen goes black transitions, waitings 1-2 seconds and then you see the 3d view. Problem is in a game like baseball, that ball might already be to the outfield by the time it switches over. This didn't happen when I played the game in college in 1995 😀.

At first I thought it was the LCD I was using so I figured I would go to a CRT. It happens on both.

However, I have magicdosbox running on my tablet and the game works nearly flawless.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

System Specs
Windows 98, but boot directly to dos to play dos games.
AMD K6-350 mhz cpu
64mb ram
AGP Video Card, I've tried several and it seems the same with all.

Thanks. I'm about to try it on my Toshiba Sattelite 480cdt and see if it does the same.
(Update, on my laptop it just froze black screen as soon as I hit the ball so...)