VOGONS

First post, by Art

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is it possible to switch off the synthesized speech in Maupiti Island? It sounds ugly and moreover it freezes my PC when a character finishes its first sentence (all other games work without any problems on this computer). But I don't want to switch off the AdLib music. I didn't find any sound option in the game to choose a sound card (or to set IRQ etc.) or to switch off the speech or to do anything else with the sound.

Reply 1 of 1, by Art

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It seems that it works with Sound Blaster only on IRQ 7 on a real PC. When I set the sound card on IRQ 5, it freezes. When I set it on IRQ 7, it works. But when I test it in Dosbox, it works with both IRQs, which is strange. I tried to find a Sound Blaster initialization code in the game files, but I didn't find any standard code of this type. My goal is to change the IRQ sound setting or to switch off the speech or to switch off the digital sound output (I think it is used only for the speech anyway). Is it possible to find something like that in the game files? Maybe the game uses some non-standard code to play the speech samples.