VOGONS

First post, by GrandAdmiralThrawn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

A few months ago I got an HP Ultrium LTO-4 U320 SCSI tape drive for free at work, because we upgraded to LTO-6 and SAS. It's an Ultrium4 1840 full-height drive. Together with the drive I took a license of an older HP Dataprotector Express SSE 3.10 version that was bundled with whatever we had before the LTO-4. At work we used the Linux version, at home I'm using the Windows one on my old IBM PC Server 704, which I still keep running productively and 24/7. The software, which is actually a variety of the old Yosemite backup programs works fine so far:

Dataprotector Express SSE 3.10 SP2.png
Filename
Dataprotector Express SSE 3.10 SP2.png
File size
80.39 KiB
Views
File comment
HP Dataprotector Express SSE 3.10 SP2
File license
CC-BY-4.0

But I only have the SP2 ISO of it. Now I would like to update to the latest patch level by installing SP4. And that's what I'm looking for: The SP4 ISO of said software in the Single Server Edition for MS Windows, which was - to my knowledge - only distributed together with older HP tape drives.

Like I said, I already have a valid license, so there's no piracy involved. It's just that I can't find SP4 online anymore.

Unfortunately, newer versions like 3.50 or 4.0 won't do because my license wouldn't be valid for them and they wouldn't run on my old Windows 2000 Server OS anyway as far as I know. Also, regular (non-SSE) versions of the software also won't work, because you'd need a different type of license for those.

Thank you!

Edit: I managed to find it myself. I had the idea of checking whether HP would still be running an FTP server, and indeed they are. I found exactly one version of the software there, and it turned out to be 3.10 SP4. The installer accepted my license for the upgrade as well! The Novell Netware version is missing, but it's still there for Windows and Linux. I guess I'm gonna mirror the entire FTP now, appears to be quite the treasure trove. Lots of AlphaServer stuff on there as well for the RISC version of NT 4.0. Any many other things.

Links to the software I was looking for:

Note that those are FTP links, so they might not work in modern web browsers. In such cases you could use a dedicated FTP program like Filezilla.

Proud User of a 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP (HiNT Rev.A3 3400) prototype