Reply 200 of 236, by johnsonlam
Try replace all the DOS driver with Jack R. Ellis driver, you may have surprise.
1) QCDROM.SYS was very old, seriously outdated, try XDVD2.SYS
2) XHDD.SYS replace SMARTDRV.SYS, it's faster! It had Read-Ahead, DMA/caching overlap, and other new updates. XHDD also offers caches down to 2.5-MB, for 386 users."
3) HIRAM.EXE, please use latest UMBPCI.SYS with XMGR.SYS on Pentium-1 and later systems supported by UMBPCI.
4) MAMMAKER, QEMM, don't need them anymore. Use JEMM386 available in the FreeDOS files on SourceForge IBiblio."
5) MSCDEX, I use SHSUCDX, Jack R. Ellis version (since Jason Hood gone) which work fine.
Wish everyone can play games or using DOS happily without the old and worn drivers.