VOGONS

First post, by Barry_Purplelips

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What could possibly cause the hud and weapons in Blood (no other game exhibits this problem) to flicker so bad they actually become sort of translucent? it only happens under certain vesa modes. Needless to say, neither the game's internal screenshot functionality nor third party applications seem to be able to capture what I'm actually seeing, but it definitely gets worse as resolution increases.

My video card is an AGP GeForce 6200 which allegedly supports vesa 3.0.

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 8, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Happens on earlier Geforces as well, and even DOSBox can exhibit this phenomenon!

This is in Win9x/DOS without VDM bullcrap right?

Radeons can't get past 800x600 so you'll never see it happen on those.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 8, by Barry_Purplelips

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yep, pure DOS as well as Win9X. Ironically WDM "fixes" the flickering, but I'm not going anywhere near XP for a DOS game. This particular card will go as high as 1600x1200 in vesa mode, but the higher the slower, and since Blood seems to have a fixed internal framerate, anything other than 70hz is going to stutter.

Reply 6 of 8, by Barry_Purplelips

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, it can't hurt to try, but the chances of such an old piece of software liking a 6200 are pretty slim, specially considering the record.

However, if I knew why this happens in the first place, maybe it would be easier to fix, if fixable at all.