VOGONS

Windows NT 4.0

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 60 of 64, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
jwt27 wrote:

And now I can finally play Unreal with 15 fps on a Pentium 2 with Voodoo3 😀

According to this review

http://www.techspot.com/reviews/hardware/vood … voodoo3-5.shtml

You should be getting higher framerates than that. How fast is your PII? The testing here was done with a Celeron running at 450mhz.

Reply 61 of 64, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:
According to this review […]
Show full quote
jwt27 wrote:

And now I can finally play Unreal with 15 fps on a Pentium 2 with Voodoo3 😀

According to this review

http://www.techspot.com/reviews/hardware/vood … voodoo3-5.shtml

You should be getting higher framerates than that. How fast is your PII? The testing here was done with a Celeron running at 450mhz.

On the timedemo I get: highest 75, lowest 15, average 38 FPS with a 350MHz P2 and V3 2000 AGP with vsync enabled.

Changing the graphics options doesn't make any difference so I think the CPU is the bottleneck. I remember my Celeron 500 with Voodoo Banshee was a lot faster 😀

Reply 62 of 64, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jwt27 wrote:

Changing the graphics options doesn't make any difference so I think the CPU is the bottleneck. I remember my Celeron 500 with Voodoo Banshee was a lot faster 😀

CPU is the bottleneck. Unreal performs the same on a PII 300mhz with a V2 or a V3- the game lags just a tiny bit but is still playable. Something more like 500Mhz seems to be the sweet spot.

Reply 63 of 64, by TheLazy1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What are some wireless networking options for NT4?
I don't believe my belkin cardbus wifi adapter will ever work, but what would?

I suppose there is using a router as a bridge and duct taping it to the back of the LCD.
I haven't tried it in a while but Quake 1 worked horribly, I mean, I know it's only a Rage Pro but this was awful.

Other than that, it works pretty well.
Can anyone recommend a good browser that is somewhat secure for NT4?

Unless I just use VNC...