VOGONS

MechWarrior 2 | 3D card conversion files

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 66, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I made the batch file directly off of the environment variables you listed there, and it still came out green. I think the v2 card itself may have issues though. Other glide games just crash on starting 3d displays with it. Longbow 2 hard locks the system when going into instant action with nothing but a few progress bars displayed along the top of the screen...or at least that's what it looks like.

Halcyon: PC Chips M525, P100, 64MB, Millenium 1, Voodoo1, AWE64, DVD, Win95B

Reply 41 of 66, by Hudson187

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm having a few problems with the 3DFX version on V2 SLI, P3 1Ghz under Win98. I have the V1 files in the Mech2 folder and running the game off the batch file; it launches, however the screen is black. I can hear the sound effects, but nothing else. I have to ALT+Tab to get out of the game... any suggestions? Pentium version works just fine and I'm installing off the actual Mech 2 3DFX disc.

http://www.hudson187.com

Reply 44 of 66, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

Tecras had Virges?!

Apparently the 780DVD has a S3 Virge/MX.
http://www.toshiba-europe.com/bv/computers/pr … vd/product.shtm

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 45 of 66, by ElementalChaos

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I'm having some issues with the Mystique version on my Pentium rig. The missions themselves load up fine and look nice, but after exiting a mission, instead of bringing me back to the pre-rendered menu as you would expect, it just dumps me to the desktop, and I have to start the game again. It doesn't sound like much but it got annoying quick. I've tried different Mystique drivers which didn't help. It may have to do with the MSI95.dll API I'm using, but I haven't found another version of that file other than what I have.

Pluto, the maxed out Dell Dimension 4100: Pentium III 1400S | 256MB | GeForce4 Ti4200 + Voodoo4 4500 | SB Live! 5.1
Charon, the DOS and early Windows time machine: K6-III+ 600 | 256MB | TNT2 Ultra + Voodoo3 2000 | Audician 32 Plus

Reply 46 of 66, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Anyone having problems converting the pentium version?
Can't seem to convert it to anything other then the s3 version.
Trying to convert it to the 3dfx version to play on my voodoo1

Reply 47 of 66, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hopefully someone can help with the troubles with the Mystique port. I don't particularly enjoy Matrox Mystique / Millennium II for 3D because they tend to freeze up a lot for me.

Reply 48 of 66, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

An update, I tried both the diamond monster drivers version 1.8 and ice mans drivers under windows 98 and both are no go.
The titanium version works fine on the voodoo1 so the card is working on the system.
The game starts but goes right back to the mission screen after starting a mission, no loading screen or anything.

System
440lx motherboard
400mhz 66FSB celly
64mb of pc100 ram
98se sp3
SB16
2.5gb bigfoot.

The voodoo1 is working fine in both tombradar and the titanium version.

ElementalChaos wrote:

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I'm having some issues with the Mystique version on my Pentium rig. The missions themselves load up fine and look nice, but after exiting a mission, instead of bringing me back to the pre-rendered menu as you would expect, it just dumps me to the desktop, and I have to start the game again. It doesn't sound like much but it got annoying quick. I've tried different Mystique drivers which didn't help. It may have to do with the MSI95.dll API I'm using, but I haven't found another version of that file other than what I have.

I had the same problem in dos box and 2k with the software version.

Reply 49 of 66, by blazar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Jade falcon,
are you using a CRT or a LCD? if LCD could be refresh rate related

also to is directplay installed on your 98 system? (Win95 had directplay with directX) a previous post in this thread mentioned copying over dplay.dll from DirectX folder on the media

Reply 52 of 66, by SteveC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jade Falcon wrote:
An update, I tried both the diamond monster drivers version 1.8 and ice mans drivers under windows 98 and both are no go. The ti […]
Show full quote

An update, I tried both the diamond monster drivers version 1.8 and ice mans drivers under windows 98 and both are no go.
The titanium version works fine on the voodoo1 so the card is working on the system.
The game starts but goes right back to the mission screen after starting a mission, no loading screen or anything.

System
440lx motherboard
400mhz 66FSB celly
64mb of pc100 ram
98se sp3
SB16
2.5gb bigfoot.

The voodoo1 is working fine in both tombradar and the titanium version.

ElementalChaos wrote:

I had the same problem in dos box and 2k with the software version.

I had this too with the Windows 98 inbuilt Matrox Mystique driver - I just removed all Matrox drivers and reinstalled the latest Windows 98 Mystique drivers from the Matrox site and a reboot later and all is working. However I have an odd issue now where my monitor is displaying the image but reporting the resolution is out of range for a minute then goes blank flashing the power LED. I guess the Mystique isn't quite outputting perfect VGA somehow... I need a CRT!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/StevesTechShed
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SteveTechShed

Reply 53 of 66, by Nullsweat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry to bump such an old thread but just chiming in to say that the conversion files for the Matrox Mystique version _will not work properly_ I've ripped my legit matrox enhanced version but im unsure if its okay to post a link here? I would really love to as I know for a fact it would be the _only_ rip of it on the entire internet, and in the interest of software preservation it seems a shame to let it be forgotten to the ages

Attachments

• 20180418_140511130.jpg
    Filename
    20180418_140511130.jpg
    File size
    1.62 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • 20180418_14051111.jpg
    Filename
    20180418_14051111.jpg
    File size
    1.64 MiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 54 of 66, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Nullsweat wrote:

Sorry to bump such an old thread but just chiming in to say that the conversion files for the Matrox Mystique version _will not work properly_ I've ripped my legit matrox enhanced version but im unsure if its okay to post a link here? I would really love to as I know for a fact it would be the _only_ rip of it on the entire internet, and in the interest of software preservation it seems a shame to let it be forgotten to the ages

It's in a grey area as an OEM disc, matter of judgment. We should do file comparisons to see just what's so different there.

Good on you for preserving this stuff in any case, chummer. 😀

My big-red-switch 486

Reply 55 of 66, by Nullsweat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im gonna go ahead and post it, if the mods deem it unacceptable go ahead and delete it and punish me. UwU

Last edited by Dominus on 2020-09-11, 19:47. Edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link to pirated stuff

Reply 56 of 66, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Looks like the MW2.DLL is different from vetz's Mystique package. The disc also has a couple more files that appear unique to the Mystique; MSI95.DLL & LOD.PAR might be important. The MECH2.EX_ is different from the one on both the Diamond 3dfx and PowerVR discs, too.

My big-red-switch 486

Reply 57 of 66, by Nullsweat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
firage wrote:

Looks like the MW2.DLL is different from vetz's Mystique package. The disc also has a couple more files that appear unique to the Mystique; MSI95.DLL & LOD.PAR might be important. The MECH2.EX_ is different from the one on both the Diamond 3dfx and PowerVR discs, too.

Thank you for crosschecking the files to the other versions! I went ahead and made my own conversion with the files you mentioned and have uploaded it here!

Last edited by Dominus on 2020-09-11, 19:47. Edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link to pirated stuff

Reply 58 of 66, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sure. Can't run the installer on my system at the moment, unfortunately, so limited to just checking the discs here.

For complete results, what's missing from the Pentium Edition disc against the accelerated version:

Voodoo Graphics

CINDST01.WLD ERROR: E:\CINDST01.WLD does not exists.
MW2.MIP ERROR: E:\MW2.MIP does not exists.
MW2ERR.LOG ERROR: E:\MW2ERR.LOG does not exists.
SKYGND.PAR ERROR: E:\SKYGND.PAR does not exists.

SP256\ABOUTAC0.BMP ERROR: Checksum did not match.
_ISUSER.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
_SETUP.LIB ERROR: Checksum did not match.
ABOUT.GID ERROR: Checksum did not match.
AUTORUN.INF ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DATABASE.MW2 ERROR: Checksum did not match.
EREGREG2.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
MW2.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
MW2.PRJ ERROR: Checksum did not match.
MW2HELP.GID ERROR: Checksum did not match.
MW2SHELL.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
NETMECHW.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
OLD_HERC.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
PRODUCT.INI ERROR: Checksum did not match.
SETUP.INS ERROR: Checksum did not match.
SETUP.PKG ERROR: Checksum did not match.
START.EXE ERROR: Checksum did not match.
TECH.GID ERROR: Checksum did not match.
TECH.HLP ERROR: Checksum did not match.

Matrox Mystique

DSETUP6E.DLL ERROR: E:\DSETUP6E.DLL does not exists.
DSETUPE.DLL ERROR: E:\DSETUPE.DLL does not exists.
LOD.PAR ERROR: E:\LOD.PAR does not exists.
MSI95.DLL ERROR: E:\MSI95.DLL does not exists.
MYSTIQUE.PAR ERROR: E:\MYSTIQUE.PAR does not exists.
WS_FTP.LOG ERROR: E:\WS_FTP.LOG does not exists.

DATABASE.MW2 ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DSETUP.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
MECH2.EX_ ERROR: Checksum did not match.
SYMLOG.TXT ERROR: Checksum did not match.

DIRECTX\D3D.INF ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3D.INF does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DHALF.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DHALF.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DIM.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DIM.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRAMPF.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRAMPF.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRG16F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRG16F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRG24F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRG24F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRG32F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRG32F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRG8F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRG8F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRGBF.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRGBF.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRM.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRM.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRM16F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRM16F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRM24F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRM24F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRM32F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRM32F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRM8F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRM8F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DXOF.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DXOF.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DDRAW.INF ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DDRAW.INF does not exists.
DIRECTX\DPLAY.INF ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DPLAY.INF does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\5631_DIG.INI ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\5631_DIG.INI does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\5631_HWC.INI ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\5631_HWC.INI does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\5631_SWC.INI ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\5631_SWC.INI does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\883D_DIG.INI ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\883D_DIG.INI does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\883D_HWC.INI ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\883D_HWC.INI does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\883D_SWC.INI ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\883D_SWC.INI does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATI3D.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATI3D.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATIM32.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATIM32.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATIM64.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATIM64.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CHIPS.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CHIPS.DLL does not exists.
Show last 63 lines
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUS.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUS.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSLG.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSLG.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSLG.DRV ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSLG.DRV does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSLG.VXD ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSLG.VXD does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSMM.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSMM.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\D3D.UC ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\D3D.UC does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\FRAMEBUF.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\FRAMEBUF.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAMIL.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAMIL.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAMIL.DRV ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAMIL.DRV does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAMIL.VXD ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAMIL.VXD does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAPDX64.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAPDX64.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\REND.DRV ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\REND.DRV does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\REND32.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\REND32.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3MM.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3MM.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3MM.DRV ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3MM.DRV does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3MM.VXD ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3MM.VXD does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3V.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3V.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3V.DRV ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3V.DRV does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3V.VXD ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3V.VXD does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\TSENG.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\TSENG.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\UCMAN.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\UCMAN.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\VB102F.COM ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\VB102F.COM does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\VERITE.VXD ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\VERITE.VXD does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\WD.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\WD.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\WIN31.UC ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\WIN31.UC does not exists.
DIRECTX\DSOUND.INF ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DSOUND.INF does not exists.

DIRECTX\DDHELP.EXE ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DDRAW.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DDRAW16.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DIRECTX.INF ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DPLAY.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DPSERIAL.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DPWSOCK.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\AUDIO\MSDSOUND\ISNA.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\AUDIO\MSDSOUND.INF ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATI.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATIM32.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATIM64.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATIM8.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CHIPS.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CHIPS.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUS.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUS.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSMM.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\FRAMEBUF.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\K2V_SWC.INI ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\OAK.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\SUPERVGA.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\TSENG.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\TSENG.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\VIDEO7.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\WD.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\WD.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\MSDDRAW\ISS3_765.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\MSDDRAW\S3_CP3CQ.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\MSDDRAW.INF ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DSOUND.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DSOUND.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DXSETUP.EXE ERROR: Checksum did not match.

PowerVR

DSETUP6E.DLL ERROR: E:\DSETUP6E.DLL does not exists.
DSETUPE.DLL ERROR: E:\DSETUPE.DLL does not exists.

DSETUP.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.

DIRECTX\D3D.INF ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3D.INF does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DHALF.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DHALF.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DIM.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DIM.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRAMPF.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRAMPF.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRG16F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRG16F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRG24F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRG24F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRG32F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRG32F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRG8F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRG8F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRGBF.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRGBF.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRM.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRM.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRM16F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRM16F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRM24F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRM24F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRM32F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRM32F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DRM8F.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DRM8F.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\D3DXOF.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\D3DXOF.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DDRAW.INF ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DDRAW.INF does not exists.
DIRECTX\DPLAY.INF ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DPLAY.INF does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\5631_DIG.INI ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\5631_DIG.INI does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\5631_HWC.INI ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\5631_HWC.INI does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\5631_SWC.INI ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\5631_SWC.INI does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\883D_DIG.INI ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\883D_DIG.INI does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\883D_HWC.INI ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\883D_HWC.INI does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\883D_SWC.INI ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\883D_SWC.INI does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATI3D.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATI3D.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATIM32.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATIM32.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATIM64.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATIM64.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CHIPS.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CHIPS.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUS.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUS.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSLG.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSLG.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSLG.DRV ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSLG.DRV does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSLG.VXD ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSLG.VXD does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSMM.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSMM.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\D3D.UC ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\D3D.UC does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\FRAMEBUF.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\FRAMEBUF.DLL does not exists.
Show last 56 lines
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAMIL.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAMIL.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAMIL.DRV ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAMIL.DRV does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAMIL.VXD ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAMIL.VXD does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAPDX64.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\MGAPDX64.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\REND.DRV ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\REND.DRV does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\REND32.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\REND32.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3MM.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3MM.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3MM.DRV ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3MM.DRV does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3MM.VXD ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3MM.VXD does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3V.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3V.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3V.DRV ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3V.DRV does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3V.VXD ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3V.VXD does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\TSENG.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\TSENG.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\UCMAN.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\UCMAN.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\VB102F.COM ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\VB102F.COM does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\VERITE.VXD ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\VERITE.VXD does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\WD.DLL ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\WD.DLL does not exists.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\WIN31.UC ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\WIN31.UC does not exists.
DIRECTX\DSOUND.INF ERROR: E:\DIRECTX\DSOUND.INF does not exists.

DIRECTX\DDHELP.EXE ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DDRAW.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DDRAW16.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DIRECTX.INF ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DPLAY.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DPSERIAL.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DPWSOCK.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\AUDIO\MSDSOUND\ISNA.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\AUDIO\MSDSOUND.INF ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATI.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATIM32.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATIM64.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\ATIM8.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CHIPS.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CHIPS.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUS.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUS.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\CIRRUSMM.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\FRAMEBUF.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\K2V_SWC.INI ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\OAK.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\S3.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\SUPERVGA.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\TSENG.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\TSENG.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\VIDEO7.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\WD.DRV ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\BIN\WD.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\MSDDRAW\ISS3_765.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\MSDDRAW\S3_CP3CQ.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\MSDDRAW.INF ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DSOUND.DLL ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DSOUND.VXD ERROR: Checksum did not match.
DIRECTX\DXSETUP.EXE ERROR: Checksum did not match.

The Mystique and PowerVR editions changed the DirectX driver package a bunch; those files are at the bottom of the listings.

Don't know what the purpose of CINDST01.WLD is, all but the Pentium Edition have it. DATABASE.MW2 is the same on the Pentium Edition & PowerVR, 3dfx & Mystique have another version of the file.

My big-red-switch 486

Reply 59 of 66, by Nullsweat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Woah! that's a huge discrepancy! It looks like that almost none of these "conversions" should work at all and if they are its by sheer dumb luck, I really hope the mods are okay with me leaving up this copy of my OEM disc. If they are I can attempt to acquire the other versions and rip them so someone more talented than I can make some proper conversions or at least make sure these things aren't lost to time. Sadly I only currently have an S3 Virge GX2, a Matrox Mystique and a Voodoo Banshee (wont work with mechwarrior 2 3dfx im guessing) But I can try to get the discs anyway!

Edit: I did actually get the S3 Virge version running with my card, So it would seem that conversion is OK! Ill post some screenshots

Attachments

• MW2S3D3.PNG
    Filename
    MW2S3D3.PNG
    File size
    322.05 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • MW2S3D2.PNG
    Filename
    MW2S3D2.PNG