First post, by greasemonkey90s

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Athlon xp 2600+
Voodoo 3 3000 agp
1gb pc2700 hynix ram
Amigamerlin 2.5 w2k/xp driver

Just seeing how my v3 runs with the cpu not being a bottleneck and well first time trying out w2k.

Well quake 3 runs great but wow the textures look like shit why. Playing on w98 it looks great run good as well.

Reply 2 of 9, by greasemonkey90s

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kixs wrote:

I'd think Voodoo3 is the limiting factor here.

Try different drivers. Maybe even reference ones from 3dfx.

So far i tried all the amigmerlin drivers 3dhq betas ones and same thing. Like i said runs great no problems if anything i get slight tearing because sometimes it goes past 85fps at 1024x768. Ill try some of the refrence ones as well.

I wanted to try the voodoo3 on w2k because they have more current 3rd party driver support on that os.

So you have to enable 3dnow extensions as well?. Like with a k6-2?

Reply 3 of 9, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
greasemonkey90s wrote:

Well quake 3 runs great but wow the textures look like shit why.

The voodoo 3 supports a max texture size of 256x256

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 4 of 9, by greasemonkey90s

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I agree but on w98 its looks great at the same res just on w2k it doesnt. Only difference is it runs faster since im going from a p3 667 to athlon xp. Its just look like testures are missing looks bland

Reply 6 of 9, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ask old hardware questions in Marvin. This is for Windows games on modern systems.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 8 of 9, by greasemonkey90s

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

r_picmip 0
r_vertexlight 0

3dnow! extensions are used videodriver-side and are automatically used where available

Googled and i found that on v1.32 they released some .dll's that gave athlon xp users a boost. Im still in v1.11.