Reply 100 of 102, by 95DosBox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
agent_x007 wrote:
I know :( […]
Show full quote
95DosBox wrote:

What are your system specs? Sorry to hear my growing up Bond Sir Roger Moore has died.

I know 🙁

Specs... that depeds on what I want to play with 😀
Right now, I'm posting from Core i7 3820 OC'ed with 16GB RAM and GTX 580/GTX 780 Ti.
But under my screen, I have this : LINK 😉

I know what you mean. Depends on what you're in the mood for. I've been resurrecting my old legacy P4. Just got the Dual CF 8GBs connected to the Primary IDE controller. Now everything is completely passive no fans to hear or die. I just need to find that IDE to SATA adapter to see if actually works in one of these so I can use SSDs.

Update 5-27-2017:
Successful USB to SATA adapter booted up to DOS no problem. SSDs will work for DOS at least on this P4. Will have to test if USB bootable SSD to 98SE Windows will function later on. 😀

Well at least George Lazenby is still alive as the guy who played Bond only once. I loved how he broke the 4th wall and talked to the camera about the "other guy". Only time that's ever happened or got married. 😉

Last edited by 95DosBox on 2017-05-28, 01:24. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 101 of 102, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've ended up using XP Pro SP3 and this unofficial SP4 on my AGP graphics card benchmarking system. It uses an Athlon 64 4000+ and 2 GB RAM. I didn't notice any issues. I also installed that patch for the encryption ransom worm.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 102 of 102, by 95DosBox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

I've ended up using XP Pro SP3 and this unofficial SP4 on my AGP graphics card benchmarking system. It uses an Athlon 64 4000+ and 2 GB RAM. I didn't notice any issues. I also installed that patch for the encryption ransom worm.

Yes it should work fine on that old rig. If there is a next to do project for you to do on your Youtube site it would be installing Windows XP onto AM4 Ryzen 7 1700. If you do that you will get a ton of views from Vogons for sure. 😉