VOGONS

First post, by MII-333

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As the title would imply, I'm trying to brainstorm the name of an old game I used to play and I can't find the disc that has it ANYWHERE, or even any information after quite a long time scouring Google. I know this may not be enough info (I hope it is though because the last time I played this was something like 7 years ago), but here's what I remember:

• *You play a kid (something like 12 years old I think) who repairs? a hot tub, uses it, and ends up going back in time, and some aliens want the time machine.
  • *When you go back in time, you zap enemies with a TV remote
  • *Occasionally you have to do a "puzzle" which usually ends up in some deep thinking because you are asked questions about things such as the Archimedes screw

Some additional info that might help is I'm fairly certain it was from the early to mid 90s, and I think it was a DOS game. Along with that it was a 2D platformer.

Compaq Presario 2286: Cyrix MII 250MHz, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, SiS Integrated graphics, SoundBlasterPCI 128 (for cleaner output signal), 4GB Seagate (OS), 40GB Maxtor DiamondMax+ 9 (games and MIDIs)

Reply 2 of 7, by MII-333

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Stiletto wrote:

Reminds me of Commander Keen, but not quite...

I actually played it for a bit just to make sure that it wasn't what I was trying to think of, and sure enough it wasn't. 😒

Compaq Presario 2286: Cyrix MII 250MHz, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, SiS Integrated graphics, SoundBlasterPCI 128 (for cleaner output signal), 4GB Seagate (OS), 40GB Maxtor DiamondMax+ 9 (games and MIDIs)

Reply 3 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My first thought was one of the Dr. Brain games, but nothing appropriate comes up.

So my second guess is one of the Super Solvers games, but it doesn't look like Gizmos & Gadgets, or Challenge of the Ancient Empires.

Reply 5 of 7, by MII-333

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
kenrouholo wrote:

Gadget: Lost in Time ? Not sure if that had a hot tub... I'll see if I can hit on any other ideas with a few Google searches, will report back if so.

That's not it, however it does look like a pretty neat game. Time to scour some abandonware sites to see if it's on one. 😜

Jorpho wrote:

My first thought was one of the Dr. Brain games, but nothing appropriate comes up.

So my second guess is one of the Super Solvers games, but it doesn't look like Gizmos & Gadgets, or Challenge of the Ancient Empires.

I'd have to agree with you on the front that none of those are it. 😒 God I wish I could find the damn disc it's on because this has been bugging me for a few years now.

Reply 6 of 7, by manuelink64

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

check this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_c … ing_time_travel

[Unisys CWP] [CPU] AMD-X5-133ADZ [RAM] 64 MB (4x36) FPM [HDD] Seagate 8.4GB [Audio] SB16 SCSI 2 (CT1770) [Video] ATI Mach64VT2 [OS] Windows 95 OSR2.5

Reply 7 of 7, by MII-333

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
manuelink64 wrote:

'Scuse the late reply, but I've looked through there and I'm like 90% sure the game I'm looking for isn't in there. 😒