VOGONS

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hiya!

I started messing with wfw3.11 and setup it's TCP-32bit network that it works fine with my LAN.
As you might know, before one uses the 3.11 networking features the "net start" command must be given before loading 3.11 - this loads the NIC drivers in memory along with some nic layers.

My question is this: is it possible to unload all the things "net start" loads without rebooting?
I tried "net stop" or "net stop popup" or "net stop full" or "net stop basic" or "net stop workstation" but it complained with "error 2184: the service has not being started" in all cases and the drivers remain resident in memory

Anyone has any ideas what to try or if this is even possible?
TIA! 😎

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 1 of 2, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I went the other way and removed those from my startup files.
You just need to remember to run net start before typing win, or win/n to disable networking

Reply 2 of 2, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I actually found a "workaround" , get a NIC with NDIS/3 driver and there is no need to run "net start" before loading windows - TCP-IP/32bit with windows networking works fine.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website