VOGONS

Ubik (Cryo)

Topic actions

First post, by Lightseeker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to get this game to run but have been unsucessful. I have tried it on both my laptops, one using Windows 7 and the other using Windows XP (the latter I actually kept for playing older games). It installs without any problems, but when I try to launch it just shows a really weird error message: "UBIK error suck :<(" or something similar.

I tried all sorts of compatibilty settings (Windows 95, 98, adjusting the resolution etc.) and a patch I found at https://sourceforge.net/p/dxwnd/discussion/ge … hread/96382a2b/ for DxWnD. Nothing works, although I must admit I might be doing something wrong with the patched version because I'm not familiar with DxWnd.

Anyway, I'd be very grateful for instructions on how I might get UBIK to work on one of the two systems (without installing some kind of Virtual Windows 95/98). This is one of the really few games I came across that don't even run on my XP system 🙁

Reply 1 of 2, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Always ask old OS/hardware related questions in Marvin. Marvin, the Paranoid Android

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers