VOGONS

First post, by Alipheese

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First off hello! This is my first post here

Second, I am looking for some sort of program that is like Tunngle/Hamachi that I can use to play Diablo with a friend that is not in the same country as me on my Win98SE computer I built. If anyone knows a program that works well with it that would be nice, thank you!

Reply 1 of 5, by Ampera

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Using Windows98SE on the internet is a bad idea all around. If you can find a compatibility layer for a modern PC, that will be a lot better.

Whatever program exists is bound to be full of security holes. Don't do it.

Reply 2 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

why, is there any modern malware that runs on win9x anymore? I doubt any out there will have an effect on a win9x pc 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 5, by kaputnik

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Alipheese wrote:

Well I don't really plan to go surfing, I just want to be able to have a program to hook up to with a friend to play some Diablo.

Dunno if battle.net still is open for Diablo, but you could try it. According to Blizzard the one hosting the game will have to forward both TCP and UDP on ports 6112-6119 to the computer running Diablo, but if I remember it right, you'll be fine forwarding just 6112.

I'm quite sure I've played Diablo without a hitch on Windows 7 at least.

I'd suggest the computer with the newest OS hosts the games.