VOGONS

First post, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have a serial-port Wacom tablet (ArtPad II) that I bought to use with my Amiga a couple years back. Didn't end up keeping the Amiga but kept the tablet.

Is there a "mouse" driver for DOS that would work with this thing? For use in e.g. Deluxe Paint II or whatever? It should technically work something like a serial mouse but with absolute pen positioning & pressure sensitivity. Well, I guess not much like a serial mouse at all in that case.

I've actually used it successfully on OS/X with a USB RS232 port and 3rd-party driver (TabletMagic), but not much point to that as I have a USB one.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1 of 1, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So I'm a dope. After scouring the internet for like an hour, it turns out there are DOS drivers on the original floppy, in the box, WHICH I HAVE. (Remember when we used to get drivers for stuff that way??)

Here's the disk in case anyone else comes across this thread & needs it:

Filename
Wacom_ArtPadII_Dos_Windows_drivers.7z
File size
1.26 MiB
Downloads
128 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

This seems like the kind of thing that could go on Vogonsdrivers. If somebody who has upload access wants to put it there, please go ahead.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!