VOGONS

First post, by JaKSLaP

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Guys;

i am having alot of weird issues with some of the games i got installed running at 30fps. I dont know if its normal or not.

Quake 1,2,3, Unreal Torunament, NFS underground, all run at 60fps

Rollcage, GTA2, Virtua Cop 2 and Ignition run at 30fps locked. GTA2 if i turn off framelimiter i get 256 frames and it runs super fast, GTA1 locked at a disgusting 24fps, if i unlock framelimiter it runs at 60fps but very fast. Rollcage runs at 30 fps no matter what i do. i tried changing settings around in Nvidia forceware but nothing fixes it, or maybe i dont know what i am doing. Could someone please help me out

My Specs;
P4 3.6ghz
512mb ram
Geforce 5600 ultra (53.04 drivers)

Reply 1 of 2, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

GTA2's intentionally locked because that's how DMA Design/Rockstar North rolled for years. Many games from that timeframe also locked for sake of frame consistency and stable sync (especially with the highly varied D3D accelerators of dubious quality then).

Deal with it.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 2, by .legaCy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

GTA2's intentionally locked because that's how DMA Design/Rockstar North rolled for years. Many games from that timeframe also locked for sake of frame consistency and stable sync (especially with the highly varied D3D accelerators of dubious quality then).

Deal with it.

I could be wrong but maybe it also have something because they are ports from console.