VOGONS

First post, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I hope this is in the right category if not please tell me, Im trying to get Monkey Island 1 cd version for Dos to out put to my SC55 instead it is just going through my SBVibra16S, I have Midi playback on every other game I try even Monkey Island 2, I have tried the "r" dos command to load MI1 but the sound card is still playing the music, I think the SBVibra16S is only UART so do I need to use SoftMPU? I know when MI1 plays music through the SBVibra16S as there is no output on the display of the SC55 and if I turn down the volume on my Stereo mixer for the SC55 nothing happens but if I turn down the volume for the sound crard it turns down the music. I have the audio cable from the CD rom to the soundcard connected for MI1 to play its music.

Reply 2 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ask all questions involving old hardware and driver/configurations in Marvin. This forum is for DOS games on modern systems. Marvin, the Paranoid Android

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 5, by fitzpatr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
GabrielKnight123 wrote:

I have also ued MT-32 mode on the SC55 but still a no go

Monkey Island CD with Roland MT-32

This thread indicates that the CD version doesn't have midi support. You'll need a floppy version for that.

MT-32 Old, CM-32L, CM-500, SC-55mkII, SC-88Pro, SC-D70, FB-01, MU2000EX
K6-III+/450/GA-5AX/G400 Max/Voodoo2 SLI/CT1750/MPU-401AT/Audigy 2ZS
486 Build