VOGONS

First post, by smevans526

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Surprisingly, talk on wolf3d with the gravis pad is minimal. I'm talking about the original white 4button pad and have it plugged into an awe32.

When I try to setup it up, I cannot immediately select USE GRAVIS GAMEPAD. I have to select USE JOYSTICK first, which calibrates it as two buttons. I can then select the gravis option, but not all 4 buttons are accessible. It uses two for shoot and strafe, and the other two the same. I want to calibrate the pad with wolf3d acknowledging all 4 buttons.

Any advice on how to do this?

Reply 1 of 5, by infiniteclouds

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did you try messing with the switches on the top or bottom of the gamepad? One of them turns the extra buttons into turbo versions of button 1 and 2, which ends up disabling 3 and 4. I have used all 4 buttons with success in Wolf3D.

Reply 4 of 5, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe I can provide further helping by quoting the paragraph from the wiki :

Both at the top and bottom of the gamepad are switches. One of them removes the normal functionality from 2 of the buttons, and turns them into autofire variants of the first 2. This gave all four buttons functionality even in PC games that only supported two buttons on joysticks or for scenarios when two gamepads are connected with a Y-splitter. The other allows for left-handed operation by turning the workings of the D-pad and buttons upside down. Both switches can be used at the same time.