VOGONS

First post, by nPulse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, I've tried installing win98 several times now with different Chipset drivers. I can get everything working, the Ati X300 the sound, the USB 2.0 support and flashdrivers. But unfortunately there seems to be a USB input lag with the mouse and when connecting a USB Joystick.

It seems that the refreshrate of the mouse and joystick are very low, so it lags and I'm unable to play games with it. When using the mouse with Boot programs (on a usb boot disk) it just works ok..

Also when using updated chipset drivers for the sata controller it causes a unsolvable resource conflict and windows is unable to detect my dvd drive. I've tried allocating a different input but then system freezes..

Can someone please explain me what is happening? thanks1 😀

Last edited by nPulse on 2017-10-05, 21:52. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Exactly which USB drivers are you using?

Exactly which chipset drivers are you using?

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 4, by nPulse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've used several different ones. For the USB and chipset I've used on different installations:

usb2098me.exe

269601USA8.exe

nfinst_enu.exe

infinst_autol.exe (This one gives a IDE resource conflict and disables my DVD drive)

Slipstreamable drivers: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163405-slipst … et-inf-drivers/

nusb33e.exe works and gives full USB 2.0 speed access to usbdrives. (I think)

Also vcredist.exe

Reply 3 of 4, by nPulse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok this is how I fixed it..

Install windows 98SE
Remove all PCI hardware in Device Manager. And move the contents from ICH6INF.ZIP (don't know where I found it) and copy this to c:\Windows\Inf
Reboot and let Windows install all devices
-Run usb2098me.exe, 269601USA8.exe, nfinst_enu.exe and vcredist.exe.
Reboot and let Windows install all devices
-Run nusb36e.exe
Reboot and the mouse works flawlessly!!

I've been messing with this the last 3 days, and installed Win98 more then 10 times in different configurations.. If anyone would like the ICH6INF.ZIP file I've used, just let me know!

Reply 4 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Glad you got it sorted.

Could you attach the ICH6INF.ZIP to this thread?

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK