VOGONS

First post, by Tmp2k

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Back in the day I had some fairly simple boot manager software but I have no idea what it was called. You ran a program under Win9x/XP to configure it, it was really simple to use and allowed you to hide the partitions from the other OSes. The boot menu itself was pretty nice looking with configurable images etc. I thought it was by Acronis or Symantec/Norton but can't find anything.

Basically, I want to try and get 3 or 4 Windows OS on 1 HDD, I want to hide all the other partitions when booting to a particular OS and I want a graphical boot menu with a single key/click to choose OS.

Could this be achieved with grub4dos or something?

Reply 1 of 5, by Matth79

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Stirs up half baked memories of something that might have featured on a cover disk....

Some suggestions here
https://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/mult … -managers.shtml
Gag seems to be a decent option, and has the hide primaries / boot from other drives option

Reply 2 of 5, by RJDog

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Might you be thinking of (Norton) BootMagic?

And, yes, GRUB4DOS will definitely do what you want. Lots of options for hiding/renumbering partitions/disks. I use it to dual boot DOS and Win95 (and hiding them from each other). It is not the most polished or straight forward to configure though, but it hasn't failed me yet.