VOGONS

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Floppy question

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by mcobit

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello,
This is my first post here. Hope somebody might be able to help me.

I have the CD version (VGA) of Indiana Jones and the last Crusade, but I would like to play it on a PC that only has a floppy drive (3.5"). This version should be identical to the 4 Disk 1.44MB Floppy version, but the lfl files are not in order on the floppies.

So has anyone a directory listing of the original 4 Floppy VGA release for me so that I can see what files I have to copy on what disk?

Thank you for your help.

Reply 2 of 7, by fitzpatr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The easy answer is to download a copy of the software as it exists on Floppy. You can get a directory listing that way.

MT-32 Old, CM-32L, CM-500, SC-55mkII, SC-88Pro, SC-D70, FB-01, MU2000EX
K6-III+/450/GA-5AX/G400 Max/Voodoo2 SLI/CT1750/MPU-401AT/Audigy 2ZS
486 Build

Reply 4 of 7, by mcobit

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
fitzpatr wrote:

The easy answer is to download a copy of the software as it exists on Floppy. You can get a directory listing that way.

There are no 3.5" floppy images of the 4 Floppy VGA version I can find.

Also, I don't want to download anything illegal. Just want to make a floppy version from my cdrom version.

Last edited by mcobit on 2017-11-16, 08:21. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 7, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mcobit wrote:
leileilol wrote:

You'd need more than just the floppies...

What else would I need? I thought it is a question of distributing the lfl files on the 4 floppies in the right order.

The disk may be compressed? I don't know, I will check the disks I have this weekend but as I said my version (256 Color VGA version) comes on 720K disks and I haven't tried the disks in over two decades..

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 7 of 7, by mcobit

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't think they are. You can play the game from the disks. If I put in a disk withe the exe and some random lfl files, it asks for disk1.
So no need to install it to play. Also the manual states for installation, that you just have to copy all files from the disks to the hdd.