VOGONS

First post, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I know this should work using D3D, but on my Pentium 4 with Windows ME, it doesn't. When using 3D Setup to select the D3D Device, I can select the Geforce 2 GTS (just called Device 1). But when starting the game, almost no graphics is rendered. The menu just shows the stripes of the background, but no text, no mouse cursor, etc. Music plays and I can quit the game using ESC, so it doesn't crash at least.

It's a fresh install of Windows ME using DirectX 9c (last version for ME) and also the last driver package for the Geforce 2, 71.84.

Reply 4 of 6, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, all patches I found so far are for the U.S. release. They don't recognize the German version.

ps: that patch you linked is for the Network Play System and does not update the game.

Reply 5 of 6, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've now tried the same with a fully patched NFS4 -> same result. 2D screens are not rendered correctly, only the background is visible.

So for testing, I swapped the GF2 GTS with a GF2 MX 400 and installed Forceware 81.98. Guess what, that's even worse. Both games crash back to Desktop in D3D mode. Seems like I have to install a Voodoo2...