VOGONS

First post, by Nutricula87

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I'm having issues getting Lure of the Temptress to recognize my MT-32 old or MT-100 (which I use as an MT-32 new). The game seems to default to AdLib sound every time and just ignore the MT-32 or MT-100. My Midiman MM-401 is set to IRQ2 and 330. This setup works perfectly fine with Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2 and Beneath a Steel Sky. I've got the L1 cache and L2 cache of the CPU disabled in case the CPU is too fast, but still it doesn't work. When the game gets to the title screen (which is when it detects the sound config) I do see the midi message light flash once on the MT-32 but it then just defaults to Adlib.

The game is the floppy Dos VGA version.
Just as a side note, lure of the temptress doesn't have any sound configuration option. So from what I understand, it will automatically look for the highest quality sound configuration you have and use that (MT-32, Adlib or PC Speaker).
I'm kind of at a loss as to why it doesn't work and wondered if anyone could possibly help?

My computer specs are as follows:
Motherboard - GA-586ATX
CPU - Intel 233mmx
RAM - 64mb
Graphics Card - Diamond Stealth III S540 S3 Savage4 Pro+
Sound Card - Yamaha Audician 32 Plus (Sound Blaster IRQ7, 220, DMA1)(Adlib 388)
MIDI Interface - Midiman MM-401 (IRQ2, 330)
Operating Sys - MS-DOS 6.22

Reply 2 of 5, by Nutricula87

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
KainXVIII wrote:

Maybe your CPU is still to fast even with disabled cache? Because this game is sensitive in that matter.

Hi, yeah that's certainly a good possibility. Before I posted this thread I spotted someone in a previous thread had a similar issue using the LAPC-1 with an Intel Pentium 200. When they disabled the cache, they reported that it then worked with Lure of the Temptress. It's quite possible that my 233MMX just tips over some sort of speed threshold making it too fast. When I get a chance I'll have to put in a slower Pentium and give it a try. Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Reply 4 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Also note that for questions involving old hardware you will want to post in Marvin: Marvin, the Paranoid Android This forum is for DOS games on newer systems.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers