VOGONS

First post, by squiggly

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I want to play the enhanced DVD version of Riven (apparently the GOG version is based on the lower quality original CD version).

The "Myst 10th Anniversary" includes Myst, Riven and Exile - does anyone know if the Riven in that collection is the same as the stand-alone Riven DVD set? The Riven DVD set seems to include 5 DVDs, whereas this Anniversary collection has a DVD per game.

Thanks.

Reply 1 of 4, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
squiggly wrote:

I want to play the enhanced DVD version of Riven (apparently the GOG version is based on the lower quality original CD version).

GoG version based on DVD (but still, difference between version is minimal)

Reply 2 of 4, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think the only difference between the CD-ROM and DVD-ROM versions of Riven are the cinematics such as the ones that play when you ride the Maglev. AFAIR the image stills are identical between versions.
The GOG version definitely uses the DVD assets, I recommend using ScummVM to play through the game.

Reply 4 of 4, by squiggly

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I ended up buying the enhanced Riven DVD. I realized it comes with Mac System9 support, so I plan on using it as the showpiece game for my iMac G3. I'll probably buy the Myst 10th Anniversay as well for the same reason.