Help to identify NEC disks

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by ArtiomWin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MattJH! wrote on 2020-12-30, 13:45:
ArtiomWin wrote on 2020-12-29, 20:51:

Now I'm "recovering" system from your CD. Despite it's bootable, the Packard Bell PB640 couldn't boot from it, so I had to extract OSBOOT floppy. I can see all the results tomorrow.

Excellent! I appreciate your efforts. Despite using that NEC for the entire second half of the 90s, this is the only photo I have of it. If your extraction is successful, would it be possible for me to browse its contents somehow? It's been two decades since and I'd very much like to see it again, one more time.

Yes, it would. Link to config files and hard drive image is PMed. Make sure you have latest 86box build, preferrably from dev-branch and with 86Box Manager, and you'll need to set location of HDD image.
Configuration would be close to specs of NEC Ready 1996 models, but I couldn't find more specific ones. No information (unless from magazines), no BIOS update files.

Reply 23 of 23, by MattJH!

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ArtiomWin wrote on 2020-12-30, 19:35:

And here's screen of configured system:

Love it. I can't wait to get that far! I've got 86Box (dev-branch) and 86Manager running, I have the VHD imported as my IDE drive, but I can't get past the AMIBios. I'm going to have to learn how to configure it. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.