VOGONS

First post, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have bought Dos 6.2 it came unopened still shrink wrapped and now that I have used it and it works as they should I would like to make backups of the 3 disks so I can put them away and just use the copies but when I tried to copy the full contents to a folder I made on c:\ and then coppied over to the new floppies the files were all on the new floppies but disk one will not boot from it when trying to install using it, I have tried a format of the A: disk with "DISK 1" I dont remember right now of the exact number of spaces but there was about 6 or 7, this did not work and I tried "Disk1" with no space. Is there something im missing? If this post is considered as piracy please tell me and please accept my apologies.

Reply 1 of 3, by gca

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The command you are looking for is diskcopy, like this

diskcopy a: b:

If you don't want to do that you can make the first disk bootable using the sys command like this:

sys a:

Reply 2 of 3, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Aas gca said. 😀

Alternatively, there are free- and shareware programs, too.

QCopy, Disk Copy Fast, VGACopy, etc.

For Windows, there's also the popular WinImage.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 3 of 3, by DosDaddy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Please use ImageDisk instead: http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/img/index.htm

That way you make sure every single bit of information is safely accessed and adequately secured in a perfect 1:1 copy.